what is a water jet?
Waterjet technology is basically the flow of water to the pump, which then reaches pressures up to 100,000 psi. It then travels through high pressure tubing and out to the cutting head. There are two types of waterjet cutting:
Abrasive Waterjet Cutting
Abrasive waterjet cutting is more popular than pure waterjet cutting. Abrasive waterjet cutting uses abrasives to erode the material. The waterjet cutting head needs to be close to the material being cut. Abrasive waterjet cutting is best for increased production for many types of applications. These applications include: glass cutting (kitchen, shower screens, bullet proof glass, inlays, stained glass, etc.) exotic metals (steel, titanium, aluminium, copper, stainless steel, bronze, tool steel, nickel, alloys etc.) stone and tile cutting (floor inlays, wall inlays, custom tiles, custom flooring, counter tops, etc.).cutting metal
Pure Waterjet Cutting
Pure waterjet cutting is used for applications that take in consideration the speed of the waterjet cutting, reliability, and minimal residual moisture. The residual moisture residue is very low because of the very small stream (very small orifice streams) and very high speeds. For that reason alone, pure waterjet cutting is very popular in the paper industry. Pure waterjet cutting is very commonly used for the following industries: slitting, paper, foam, fabric, installation, diapers, plastics, leathers, and also used in food cutting such as cakes and produce.cutting insulation cutting carpet
- Fully capable advanced controller. Semyx has combined all the functions needed for the waterjet cutting system in one easy-to-use CAM-embedded touch screen controller.
- Fully sealed & insulated machine parts. Semyx has designed its machines so that it is impossible for water or abrasive to leak through any seals or bellow coverings that may affect the moveable parts, especially the ball screws in the X, XX, Y and Z axis.
- The world's best pump leaders. Semyx has chosen the world's leaders in waterjet pump manufacturing for all of its systems.
- Features. Our experience in the waterjet industry has allowed us to include the small details that will save you time and money in the long run.
- Customer service and technical support. All purchases and questions will be handled by one customer service representative assigned to each client.
West Coast Customs relies exclusively on Semyx water-jet cutting technology to bring my creations from renderings to reality.West Coast Customs
Premier Custom Car Shop
Customer service from Semyx has been a welcome change to what we've been accustomed to in the past.Elliott Machine Shop
Custom Machining & Fabrication
With the wide variety of services we offer, it is crucial we have a company that is dependable and cost efficient, and that's what we get from Semyx.Gold Key
Compounding and Processing
Semyx has an excellent customer service department. Their staff is always understanding and willing to take care of customers right away.Nurazzo
Custom Designer Tiles